UK: Moorbrook Textiles signs license deal with Daks
Scottish fabric firm Moorbrook Textiles has signed a GBP600,000 (US$950,000) license agreement with UK fashion brand Daks.
As part of the three-year deal, Moorbrook Textiles will supply custom-made scarves under the Daks label, produced at its manufacturing plants in Ayr and Peebles.
The company said it is looking to recruit six full-time staff at its Peebles site over the next six months. It is also introducing an apprentice employment programme, taking on four apprentices at both sites.
"Our first apprentice has started at our Ayr site and we're excited about providing the opportunity to nurture the talents of young people in Scotland who want to develop skills within the textiles manufacturing industry," said Ian Laird, managing director of Moorbrook Textiles.
The Moorbrook Textiles Group comprises cashmere manufacturer Alex Begg & Co, textile manufacturer Robert Noble and Replin Fabrics. The company has seen sales grow 21% over the past year.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis