UK: Morada Expands Head Office Team
Morada International Limited, one of Europe's leading suppliers of fabrics to the international lining and home textile sectors, has announced two new senior appointments within its global linings division. Andrew Claughton is technical manager and Kathryn Yates is sales support manager heading up the customer service and export teams.
As technical manager, Andrew Claughton will be responsible for the full inspection, testing and quality control of Morada's lining fabrics. He will also manage the company's accredited laboratory, and implement and run its new quality management system. Some 50 different fabrics are tested in Morada's fully equipped laboratory a week, each requiring up to 15 specific tests such as colour fastness, tensile strength and seam slippage.
Kathryn Yates will be responsible for managing the company's multilingual team of sales service co-ordinators, as well as daily liaison with Morada's export agents and its growing network of international warehouse facilities in Eire, Turkey, Holland, Morocco and the Baltic States.
The appointments follow Morada's recent move to its new purpose-designed international head office site in Blackburn and reflect the company's expansion plans for key areas including export, technical testing, customer support, quality control, warehousing and distribution.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective