US: More apparel firms taking up RFID
There has been an increase in item-level RFID adoption in the apparel industry as companies seek more accurate and efficient solutions from supply chain to point of purchase, an industry supplier has found.
RFID firm Avery Dennison said the rise follows improvements RFID item-level tagging makes to retail operations with inventory accuracy increasing up to 99%, compared to 70-80%.
“Retailers are looking to solve the number one complaint of shoppers ‘You don’t have this item in my size or my color,’ and to improve their overall inventory productivity,” said Shawn Neville, group vice president, Avery Dennison Retail Information Services.
"Item-level RFID tagging systems provide retailers with improved inventory visibility, accuracy, loss prevention and operational efficiency, and an improved shopping experience for their consumers.”
Forecasts of European RFID, tag and reader use; growth in the value of global RFID in the apparel market; and a comparison of total worldwide RFID turnover predictions all help set the scene for likel...
With the rapidly escalating use of RFID at all levels of the supply chain, there are literally hundreds of shapes and sizes of tags and readers - not to mention software and associated electronic syst...
Networked clothing that can show you where it is at all times, talking to mirrors and shelves on the shop floor, is no longer the stuff of science fiction, but a reality developing rapidly in stores a...
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation