US: More apparel firms taking up RFID
There has been an increase in item-level RFID adoption in the apparel industry as companies seek more accurate and efficient solutions from supply chain to point of purchase, an industry supplier has found.
RFID firm Avery Dennison said the rise follows improvements RFID item-level tagging makes to retail operations with inventory accuracy increasing up to 99%, compared to 70-80%.
“Retailers are looking to solve the number one complaint of shoppers ‘You don’t have this item in my size or my color,’ and to improve their overall inventory productivity,” said Shawn Neville, group vice president, Avery Dennison Retail Information Services.
"Item-level RFID tagging systems provide retailers with improved inventory visibility, accuracy, loss prevention and operational efficiency, and an improved shopping experience for their consumers.”
Forecasts of European RFID, tag and reader use; growth in the value of global RFID in the apparel market; and a comparison of total worldwide RFID turnover predictions all help set the scene for likel...
With the rapidly escalating use of RFID at all levels of the supply chain, there are literally hundreds of shapes and sizes of tags and readers - not to mention software and associated electronic syst...
Networked clothing that can show you where it is at all times, talking to mirrors and shelves on the shop floor, is no longer the stuff of science fiction, but a reality developing rapidly in stores a...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide