US: More apparel firms taking up RFID
There has been an increase in item-level RFID adoption in the apparel industry as companies seek more accurate and efficient solutions from supply chain to point of purchase, an industry supplier has found.
RFID firm Avery Dennison said the rise follows improvements RFID item-level tagging makes to retail operations with inventory accuracy increasing up to 99%, compared to 70-80%.
“Retailers are looking to solve the number one complaint of shoppers ‘You don’t have this item in my size or my color,’ and to improve their overall inventory productivity,” said Shawn Neville, group vice president, Avery Dennison Retail Information Services.
"Item-level RFID tagging systems provide retailers with improved inventory visibility, accuracy, loss prevention and operational efficiency, and an improved shopping experience for their consumers.”
Forecasts of European RFID, tag and reader use; growth in the value of global RFID in the apparel market; and a comparison of total worldwide RFID turnover predictions all help set the scene for likel...
With the rapidly escalating use of RFID at all levels of the supply chain, there are literally hundreds of shapes and sizes of tags and readers - not to mention software and associated electronic syst...
Networked clothing that can show you where it is at all times, talking to mirrors and shelves on the shop floor, is no longer the stuff of science fiction, but a reality developing rapidly in stores a...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details