UK: More New Look directors leave business
New Look confirmed today (2 March) that creative director Barbara Horspool is one of three directors to leave the business, along with head of buying Nicky Wills and head of merchandising David Barton.
The departures are the latest in a series that have hit the fashion retailer in recent months. COO Will Kernan left to join the White Company in December, while CEO Carl McPhail left in March, and e-commerce director Dominic McBrien left in October.
The company is also reportedly looking to restructure its more than GBP1bn debt pile.
Executive chairman Alistair McGeorge and founder Tom Singh are considering options for the debt, with New Look expected to appoint an adviser in the coming weeks, The Financial Times reported. Options include Singh, who owns about a quarter of the company, putting more money into the business, the FT said.
The report said New Look is talking to US investment bank Houlihan Lokey about advising it on a debt restructuring.
A new 3D virtual dressing room allowing shoppers to "try on" limitless apparel and accessories has been launched by FaceCake Marketing Technologies....
French women's wear retail chain Mim is poised to open its first stores outside of Europe with three outlets planned in Morocco, through a partnership agreement with local company, Jacquesther....
Marks & Spencer has declined to comment on reports that Kate Bostock, its executive director of general merchandise, is set to leave the company....
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019