CHINA: Morgan Opens New Nanjing Factory - Paper
French fashion brand Morgan has opened a new factory in the capital of East China's Jiangsu Province, Nanjing, according to China Textile Daily.
The company hopes to slash prices by 30 per cent with the opening of the new production plant and aims to go on to open 200 Chinese franchise stores over the coming five years.
Morgan's joint venture with J&B Group of Hong Kong - Morgan (Nanjing) Clothes Making Co Ltd - is the brand's first direct investment in China, of which the Nanjing plant will be the design, production, procurement and supply chain management centre.
Morgan is based in Paris and operates more than 1,000 sales outlets throughout approximately 50 countries and regions.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack