USA: Morgan Stanley Ups Targets On Retailers
Morgan Stanley Dean Witter said on Wednesday it had raised its 12-month target prices on retailers Target Corp and May Department Stores. Target Corp was raised to $35 from $30, and May was raised to $35 from $32.Analyst Bruce M. Missett said in a report that mature companies with excellent franchises and solid balance sheets can present interesting investment opportunities for value investors."We believe this view is best captured by sector leader May Department Stores," he said. The analyst has an outperform rating on May, which inched up 0.43 per cent to $28-7/8 in morning dealings. May's 52-week range is $34-7/16 to $19-4/16.Missett said Target Corp has long-term growth potential and that the new target price is based on the shares trading at only a 25 per cent premium to MSDW's long-term growth forecast of 17 per cent, "which is also the low end of the range at which we believe Target should trade."MSDW has a strong buy recommendation on Target. The stock was up 5.07 per cent at $29-13/16 in morning trade. Its 52-week range is $21-12/16 to $39-3/16.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack