USA: Morgan Stanley Ups Targets On Retailers
Morgan Stanley Dean Witter said on Wednesday it had raised its 12-month target prices on retailers Target Corp and May Department Stores. Target Corp was raised to $35 from $30, and May was raised to $35 from $32.Analyst Bruce M. Missett said in a report that mature companies with excellent franchises and solid balance sheets can present interesting investment opportunities for value investors."We believe this view is best captured by sector leader May Department Stores," he said. The analyst has an outperform rating on May, which inched up 0.43 per cent to $28-7/8 in morning dealings. May's 52-week range is $34-7/16 to $19-4/16.Missett said Target Corp has long-term growth potential and that the new target price is based on the shares trading at only a 25 per cent premium to MSDW's long-term growth forecast of 17 per cent, "which is also the low end of the range at which we believe Target should trade."MSDW has a strong buy recommendation on Target. The stock was up 5.07 per cent at $29-13/16 in morning trade. Its 52-week range is $21-12/16 to $39-3/16.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020