UK: Moss Bros Rejects Latest Joe Bloggs Approach
British men's clothing retailer Moss Bros Group Plc today rejected a third informal takeover approach by entrepreneur Shami Ahmed, founder of the Joe Bloggs jeans label.
The UK-based fashion chain is now waiting to hear if Ahmed will up his latest offer of 50 pence as a final deadline imposed by takeover chiefs runs out at 5pm on Friday.
Ahmed's latest approach sent Moss Bros shares to an eight-month high but in a statement the loss-making retailer said it had unanimously rejected his third informal bid.
It added: "Were there to be an offer, the price indicated does not provide fair value in light of the board's view of the prospects for medium-term business recovery and the strategic value of the company's brands, market shares and 156 retail sites across the UK."
Ahmed first expressed an interest in Moss Bros, owner of the Cecil Gee menswear label, late last year and had two approaches turned down earlier this year.
Companies: Moss Bros Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Juice Corporation has signed a deal with Flyers Group Plc to distribute its Joe Bloggs Boyswear brand to the independent retail sector in the UK and Ireland....
A legal adviser to Europe's highest court ruled yesterday (19 January) that Elizabeth Emanuel, best known as the designer of Princess Diana's wedding dress, has no right to use her own name....
Fashion house Juice is relaunching the Joe Bloggs men's wear brand on to the market as a fast-fashion mid-market label....
UK men's wear company Moss Bros Group Plc has reported an annual profit increase as well as good sales for the start of this financial year, with all parts of the business seeing good recovery....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack