Moss Bross eyes growth with senior appointments
Moss Bros Group has made two senior appointments, including that of a new chief operating officer, as the men's wear retailer looks to leverage the brand further in new channels and territories.
Paula Minowa joins the group on 1 March as COO from German multi-channel lifestyle retailer Strauss Innovation, where she was chief executive. Reporting to CEO Brian Brick, she will have accountability for the "customer journey" across all channels and territories.
Prior to her current role, Minowa held a variety of general management, brand management and merchandising roles, including managing director at Ann Summers, brand and communications director for Asda, and managing director for Boots Retail Taiwan.
Moss Bros has also appointed Tony Bennett as group finance director, replacing Robin Piggott who announced his intention to retire in September last year. He is expected to join the business on 15 March from Charles Tyrwhitt where he is finance director. Prior to that he was the head of commercial finance at Selfridges Retail.
Brian Brick said of the new appointments: "I am delighted to welcome both Tony and Paula to Moss Bros Group. Tony has considerable experience across a variety of different consumer businesses with different channel strategies, and will no doubt bring valuable insights to the business. Paula brings strong experience in brand management, multi-channel expertise and first class general management credentials in international businesses.
"We have in recent years established Moss Bros as a growing and successful menswear business. Tony and Paula join us at a time where we have considerable opportunity to leverage the Moss Bros brand further in new channels and new territories."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective