USA: Mossimo Appeal Request Rejected By Court
The case, in relation to a finder's agreement between the two companies for sales at Target Corp, wrapped up in June last year with Cherokee being awarded $3 million.
Then, in July, Mossimo appealed the judgement and lost its case.
Mossimo president Edwiin Lewis said the company was "obviously disappointed" by the court's latest decision not to review the case.
"(While we) continue to believe the facts and law supported our position, we do find satisfaction in knowing that we exhausted all avenues of appeal in this matter," he said.
"We are excited about our new initiatives and we remain committed to executing our strategic plan and further leveraging our operating platform for growth."
Cherokee has yet to comment on the decision.
Companies: Cherokee Inc
Department store group Target has extended its retail licence agreement with licensor and brand management company Cherokee until January 2008....
Global licensor and brand management company Cherokee Inc has signed an international license agreement with South African store group Pick'n Pay Retailers....
Apparel marketer Cherokee has posted a third-quarter pre-tax income rise, as retail sales grew in the company's four largest accounts....
Iconix Brand Group has signed a licensing deal for its Joe Boxer brand with Mexican apparel company Grupo Aviara....
Supermarket giant Tesco has appointed Terry Green, ex-chief executive of the collapsed Allders chain, as head of its clothing division....
Brand licensing group Cherokee Inc has reported a 10.4 per cent rise in second-quarter net revenues, and says it sees many growth opportunities ahead....
Licensor and brand management company Cherokee Inc says its client Hot Kiss Inc - a footwear and accessory company - has entered into an exclusive international license agreement for its Hot Kiss and...
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack