UK: Mothercare names Lavelle interim CFO
Lavelle joined the retailer today (9 July) and will take up his CFO role on 23 July. However, the company said he will not join the board.
"Dominic's experience as the finance director of public companies in turnaround situations will be a real asset to Mothercare at this early and critical stage of the transformation and growth plan," said CEO Simon Calver.
Lavelle was most recently finance director at outdoor clothing retailer Blacks Leisure.
Harrington, who announced his departure in April to join a private equity organisation, will leave Mothercare later this month. He was appointed as financial director six years ago to support the retailer's expansion plans in the UK and globally.
The struggling retailer is currently in the middle of a transformation plan to bring its UK business back to acceptable levels of profitability.
US brands and retailers were baling out of Bangladesh even before the fire at the Tazreen Fashion factory killed more than 110 people at the end of last month. And given the subsequent criticism aimed...
UK based mother, baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare has opened its first store in Sri Lanka with franchise partner Soft Logic Holdings....
Baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare has appointed Matt Smith as its chief financial director and executive director....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack