UK: Mothercare names new CFO
Baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare has appointed Matt Smith as its chief financial director and executive director.
Smith will join Mothercare from Argos, which is part of Home Retail Group, where he serves as finance director. He has previously worked for consultancy firm KPMG.
CEO Simon Calver said: "Matt's experience working for a multi-billion pound UK retailer, and his understanding of multichannel development, will provide the company with the financial and commercial expertise that it requires to deliver our transformation and growth plan, and to grow the business both in the UK and internationally."
Mothercare saw its half-year net losses narrow today (22 November) after its turnaround efforts delivered an increase in international sales.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
Retailer Mothercare today (11 April) said it remains confident in its outlook for the year ahead, despite posting a 5.1% fall in UK fourth-quarter sales a third of the way into its three-year transfor...
Retail and consumer products consultancy Kurt Salmon has appointed Jas Virdee as head of its UK multi-channel practice, reflecting the growing importance of this offer....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015