UK: Mothercare names new CFO
Baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare has appointed Matt Smith as its chief financial director and executive director.
Smith will join Mothercare from Argos, which is part of Home Retail Group, where he serves as finance director. He has previously worked for consultancy firm KPMG.
CEO Simon Calver said: "Matt's experience working for a multi-billion pound UK retailer, and his understanding of multichannel development, will provide the company with the financial and commercial expertise that it requires to deliver our transformation and growth plan, and to grow the business both in the UK and internationally."
Mothercare saw its half-year net losses narrow today (22 November) after its turnaround efforts delivered an increase in international sales.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
Retailer Mothercare today (11 April) said it remains confident in its outlook for the year ahead, despite posting a 5.1% fall in UK fourth-quarter sales a third of the way into its three-year transfor...
Retail and consumer products consultancy Kurt Salmon has appointed Jas Virdee as head of its UK multi-channel practice, reflecting the growing importance of this offer....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020