UK: Mothercare names new CFO
Baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare has appointed Matt Smith as its chief financial director and executive director.
Smith will join Mothercare from Argos, which is part of Home Retail Group, where he serves as finance director. He has previously worked for consultancy firm KPMG.
CEO Simon Calver said: "Matt's experience working for a multi-billion pound UK retailer, and his understanding of multichannel development, will provide the company with the financial and commercial expertise that it requires to deliver our transformation and growth plan, and to grow the business both in the UK and internationally."
Mothercare saw its half-year net losses narrow today (22 November) after its turnaround efforts delivered an increase in international sales.
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people last yea...
Apparel Retail in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
Retailer Mothercare today (11 April) said it remains confident in its outlook for the year ahead, despite posting a 5.1% fall in UK fourth-quarter sales a third of the way into its three-year transfor...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile