UK: Mothercare UK boss steps down
Infant goods retailer Mothercare has parted company with the head of its UK business as part of a management reshuffle.
Mike Logue, who will be leaving the mother, baby and children's goods retailer this month, has previously worked at supermarket chain Asia, Gamestation and Phones4u.
As part of the ongoing restructuring, Mothercare has created the new role of commercial director for the UK, working closely with Philippe Dayraud as director of product and sourcing, and director of marketing Jude Bridge.
Mothercare CEO Simon Calver said: "We would like to thank Mike for his contribution to developing and starting the implementation of our transformation and growth plan and wish him every success for the future".
Doubts over the future viability of the company's UK operations were raised last month after it posted further sales declines in its third quarter. Total group sales fell 7.4% in the three months to 12 January, thanks to a 12.9% decline in UK sales and a 5.9% slide in UK like-for-like sales.
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people last yea...
Apparel Retail in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Mothercare has said it expects trading conditions to remain challenging in the UK and Europe after blaming an "increasingly promotional" market for a 3.4% sales decline in the first quarter....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend