UK: Mothercare UK boss steps down
Infant goods retailer Mothercare has parted company with the head of its UK business as part of a management reshuffle.
Mike Logue, who will be leaving the mother, baby and children's goods retailer this month, has previously worked at supermarket chain Asia, Gamestation and Phones4u.
As part of the ongoing restructuring, Mothercare has created the new role of commercial director for the UK, working closely with Philippe Dayraud as director of product and sourcing, and director of marketing Jude Bridge.
Mothercare CEO Simon Calver said: "We would like to thank Mike for his contribution to developing and starting the implementation of our transformation and growth plan and wish him every success for the future".
Doubts over the future viability of the company's UK operations were raised last month after it posted further sales declines in its third quarter. Total group sales fell 7.4% in the three months to 12 January, thanks to a 12.9% decline in UK sales and a 5.9% slide in UK like-for-like sales.
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Apparel Retail in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains des...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Apparel Retail in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre