UK: Mothercare UK boss steps down
Infant goods retailer Mothercare has parted company with the head of its UK business as part of a management reshuffle.
Mike Logue, who will be leaving the mother, baby and children's goods retailer this month, has previously worked at supermarket chain Asia, Gamestation and Phones4u.
As part of the ongoing restructuring, Mothercare has created the new role of commercial director for the UK, working closely with Philippe Dayraud as director of product and sourcing, and director of marketing Jude Bridge.
Mothercare CEO Simon Calver said: "We would like to thank Mike for his contribution to developing and starting the implementation of our transformation and growth plan and wish him every success for the future".
Doubts over the future viability of the company's UK operations were raised last month after it posted further sales declines in its third quarter. Total group sales fell 7.4% in the three months to 12 January, thanks to a 12.9% decline in UK sales and a 5.9% slide in UK like-for-like sales.
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Mothercare has said it expects trading conditions to remain challenging in the UK and Europe after blaming an "increasingly promotional" market for a 3.4% sales decline in the first quarter....
Mother, baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare has narrowed its first-quarter loss at the end of the first year into its three-year transformation plan, despite being hampered by ongoing challe...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019