US: Mothers Work CEO Dan Matthias to retire
Dan Matthias is to retire as the chief executive officer of maternity apparel retailer Mothers Work Inc on 30 September and will be succeeded by Edward (Ed) Krell, the company's current chief operating officer.
Mr Krell will also serve as a member of the company's board of directors.
After his retirement, Mr Matthias will remain as a director of the company and serve as non- executive chairman of the board. He will also be available to management in an advisory capacity until 30 September 2012.
Rebecca Matthias, president and chief creative officer, will continue in her current capacity and will report to Mr Krell.
Mr Krell joined the company nearly seven years ago, and was named COO in July 2008.
Mothers Work operates 1,038 maternity locations, including 756 stores, predominantly under the names Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in the Pod, Mimi Maternity, and Destination Maternity.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Maternity wear retailer Destination Maternity is doubling the number of Motherhood Maternity apparel shops at Babies"R"Us stores....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts