USA: Mothers Work Inc Reports Improved Q4 Figures
The Philadelphia-based retailer, the world's largest designer and retailer of maternity apparel, also saw net sales rise 10 per cent year-on-year for the quarter to $122.4m.
President and CEO Rebecca Mathias said the company was "taking a cautious outlook" towards fiscal 2004 despite the fourth quarter boost.
"The weakness in sales we experienced in September and October has not significantly improved thus far in November," she said.
"For fiscal 2004, we are targeting net sales of $530m to $535m, based on an assumed comparable store sales decrease of two per cent to three per cent for the year, and our plan to open 80 to 100 new locations for the year."
Mothers Work currently operates 1014 retail locations, including 857 stores and 157 leased departments, under the Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in the Pod and Mimi Maternity trade names.
Companies: Destination Maternity
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Maternity apparel retailer Mothers Work has posted strong operating results for the first quarter of the 2006 financial year and significantly increased its targeted earnings guidance range for the re...
Maternity wear retailer Mothers Work has suffered a widened fourth-quarter loss on a competitive market environment and an excess of merchandise, and said full-year losses totalled $0.2m....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Maternity fashion company Mothers Work has chosen business weather solutions company Planalytics' Insight application to boost its ability to respond quickly to customer demand....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' August sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Maternity apparel company Mothers Work Inc has reported a drop in third-quarter earnings after suffering from unexpectedly low sales....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' June sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022