USA: Mothers Work Reports 8.8 Per Cent Sales Increase
Mothers Work Inc, designer, manufacturer and retailer of maternity apparel, today announced that net sales for the month of January 2001 increased 8.8 per cent to $25.4m from $23.3m for the month of January 2000. Comparable store sales for January 2001 decreased 1.5 per cent compared to an increase of 4.8 per cent for the January 2000 period. As of January 2001, there are a total of 745 locations compared to 648 at January 2000. Although still a minor part of the company's total revenue, Internet sales have increased 139 per cent above January 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth