USA: Mothers Work Reports 8.8 Per Cent Sales Increase
Mothers Work Inc, designer, manufacturer and retailer of maternity apparel, today announced that net sales for the month of January 2001 increased 8.8 per cent to $25.4m from $23.3m for the month of January 2000. Comparable store sales for January 2001 decreased 1.5 per cent compared to an increase of 4.8 per cent for the January 2000 period. As of January 2001, there are a total of 745 locations compared to 648 at January 2000. Although still a minor part of the company's total revenue, Internet sales have increased 139 per cent above January 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar