USA: Mothers Work Reports 8.8 Per Cent Sales Increase
Mothers Work Inc, designer, manufacturer and retailer of maternity apparel, today announced that net sales for the month of January 2001 increased 8.8 per cent to $25.4m from $23.3m for the month of January 2000. Comparable store sales for January 2001 decreased 1.5 per cent compared to an increase of 4.8 per cent for the January 2000 period. As of January 2001, there are a total of 745 locations compared to 648 at January 2000. Although still a minor part of the company's total revenue, Internet sales have increased 139 per cent above January 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022