USA: Mothers Work Reports 8.8 Per Cent Sales Increase
Mothers Work Inc, designer, manufacturer and retailer of maternity apparel, today announced that net sales for the month of January 2001 increased 8.8 per cent to $25.4m from $23.3m for the month of January 2000. Comparable store sales for January 2001 decreased 1.5 per cent compared to an increase of 4.8 per cent for the January 2000 period. As of January 2001, there are a total of 745 locations compared to 648 at January 2000. Although still a minor part of the company's total revenue, Internet sales have increased 139 per cent above January 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020