USA: Mothers Work Reports 8.8 Per Cent Sales Increase
Mothers Work Inc, designer, manufacturer and retailer of maternity apparel, today announced that net sales for the month of January 2001 increased 8.8 per cent to $25.4m from $23.3m for the month of January 2000. Comparable store sales for January 2001 decreased 1.5 per cent compared to an increase of 4.8 per cent for the January 2000 period. As of January 2001, there are a total of 745 locations compared to 648 at January 2000. Although still a minor part of the company's total revenue, Internet sales have increased 139 per cent above January 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022