EUROPE: Moveable mannequins boost children’s wear fit
Apparel fit expert Alvanon has used the latest body scan data for children to develop its range of children’s European ‘design and fit’ mannequins.
The soft AlvaForm models, which range from new born to 16 years, feature moveable arms to significantly improve the apparel fit process. The innovation should help children’s clothing designers, brands and retailers achieve a current and consistent fit standard for a target age range.
The children’s EU AlvaForm line is constructed of memory foam with an internal skeleton and jointed arms wrapped with a fusible stretch cotton fabric. This flexible, soft structure makes it ideal for fitting clothes as the memory foam exhibits similar properties to human tissue.
Apparel designers can use the form to fit clothes before final fit sessions with live models. This is especially useful for children's wear as it eliminates the requirement for multiple fit sessions using babies and young children.
Hong Kong based designer children's wear label A for Apple is the first kid's wear brand to use children’s AlvaForms to develop its debut European-fit collection.
The two firms will be exhibiting at the Pitti Bimbo children's wear fair in Florence later this month.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Experts in fashion sizing believe that providing the right fit is growing in importance, as consumers demand more for their money. ...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022