USA: Movie Star Buys Back Senior Debt And Launches Web Site
Movie Star, Inc (AMEX:MSI) today announced that it has purchased and retired a further $1,948,000 in principal of its 8% senior notes at a cost of approximately $1,770,000. This brings the total extraordinary gain from debt retirement in the Company's fiscal fourth quarter, ended June 30, 2000, to approximately $225,000, net of related costs and income taxes. "Following this latest purchase, there remains outstanding $7,637,500 in principal of the company's 8.0% senior debt due September 2001 and $4,347,000 in principal of the Company's 12.875% subordinated debentures due October 2001," said Thomas Rende, Movie Star's chief financial officer. "So far this fiscal year, we have brought our long-term debt down by approximately $8.6 million, or about 42%, to just under $12 million." Mel Knigin, Movie Star's president and chief executive officer, announced the launch of the company's new website,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020