USA: Movie Star Buys Back Senior Debt And Launches Web Site
Movie Star, Inc (AMEX:MSI) today announced that it has purchased and retired a further $1,948,000 in principal of its 8% senior notes at a cost of approximately $1,770,000. This brings the total extraordinary gain from debt retirement in the Company's fiscal fourth quarter, ended June 30, 2000, to approximately $225,000, net of related costs and income taxes. "Following this latest purchase, there remains outstanding $7,637,500 in principal of the company's 8.0% senior debt due September 2001 and $4,347,000 in principal of the Company's 12.875% subordinated debentures due October 2001," said Thomas Rende, Movie Star's chief financial officer. "So far this fiscal year, we have brought our long-term debt down by approximately $8.6 million, or about 42%, to just under $12 million." Mel Knigin, Movie Star's president and chief executive officer, announced the launch of the company's new website,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts