USA: Movie Star Buys Back Senior Debt And Launches Web Site
Movie Star, Inc (AMEX:MSI) today announced that it has purchased and retired a further $1,948,000 in principal of its 8% senior notes at a cost of approximately $1,770,000. This brings the total extraordinary gain from debt retirement in the Company's fiscal fourth quarter, ended June 30, 2000, to approximately $225,000, net of related costs and income taxes. "Following this latest purchase, there remains outstanding $7,637,500 in principal of the company's 8.0% senior debt due September 2001 and $4,347,000 in principal of the Company's 12.875% subordinated debentures due October 2001," said Thomas Rende, Movie Star's chief financial officer. "So far this fiscal year, we have brought our long-term debt down by approximately $8.6 million, or about 42%, to just under $12 million." Mel Knigin, Movie Star's president and chief executive officer, announced the launch of the company's new website,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack