USA: Movie Star Buys Back Senior Debt And Launches Web Site
Movie Star, Inc (AMEX:MSI) today announced that it has purchased and retired a further $1,948,000 in principal of its 8% senior notes at a cost of approximately $1,770,000. This brings the total extraordinary gain from debt retirement in the Company's fiscal fourth quarter, ended June 30, 2000, to approximately $225,000, net of related costs and income taxes. "Following this latest purchase, there remains outstanding $7,637,500 in principal of the company's 8.0% senior debt due September 2001 and $4,347,000 in principal of the Company's 12.875% subordinated debentures due October 2001," said Thomas Rende, Movie Star's chief financial officer. "So far this fiscal year, we have brought our long-term debt down by approximately $8.6 million, or about 42%, to just under $12 million." Mel Knigin, Movie Star's president and chief executive officer, announced the launch of the company's new website,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022