USA: Movie Star To Explore Strategic Alternatives
Movie Star, Inc announced today that it has engaged First Union Securities, Inc ("First Union") to assist the company in exploring strategic and financial alternatives related to the maturity of its long term debt which is due in September and October 2001 and to advise the company in connection with opportunities to maximize shareholder value. Until a definitive decision has been made on the strategic direction it will pursue, the company does not intend to make further announcements on the status or results of the process. Movie Star, Inc is a leading designer and marketer of an extensive line of women's intimate apparel which are sold under the brand names Cinema Etoile, Cinema Etoile Seductivewear, and Meant To Be. Movie Star's products are marketed to mass merchandisers, discount, specialty, national and regional chains, department stores and direct mail catalog marketers throughout the United States. This press release contains statements that are forward-looking within the meaning of applicable securities laws and are based on Movie Star's current expectations and assumptions, which are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Primary factors that could cause actual results to differ are indicated in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores