USA: Movie Star To Explore Strategic Alternatives
Movie Star, Inc announced today that it has engaged First Union Securities, Inc ("First Union") to assist the company in exploring strategic and financial alternatives related to the maturity of its long term debt which is due in September and October 2001 and to advise the company in connection with opportunities to maximize shareholder value. Until a definitive decision has been made on the strategic direction it will pursue, the company does not intend to make further announcements on the status or results of the process. Movie Star, Inc is a leading designer and marketer of an extensive line of women's intimate apparel which are sold under the brand names Cinema Etoile, Cinema Etoile Seductivewear, and Meant To Be. Movie Star's products are marketed to mass merchandisers, discount, specialty, national and regional chains, department stores and direct mail catalog marketers throughout the United States. This press release contains statements that are forward-looking within the meaning of applicable securities laws and are based on Movie Star's current expectations and assumptions, which are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Primary factors that could cause actual results to differ are indicated in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts