SCOTLAND: M&S And Next Open New Stores In Scotland
Retail giants, Next and Marks & Spencer, are both putting Scotland on their list when it comes to opening new stores. Buoyant Next, which has 14 stores in East Scotland and 13 in West Scotland, is opening another store on Thursday at the Eastgate shopping centre in Inverness. Meanwhile, Marks & Spencer, which opened a store at Braehead near Glasgow a year ago, is gearing up to open the doors at another Scottish site - a new outlet store in Livingston. The Livingston store is part of three outlet stores, the other two in England, being opened by M&S to cater for the growing discount market. It is due to open on November 16. M&S has 21 stores in Scotland, including five department stores and six regional stores. The retail giant employs 5,000 people north of the border. In the last five years, it has spent £19m on core investment and £26m on footage developments in Scotland. A spokesman said: "We are delighted with the success of the Braehead store which has more than exceeded our expectations." And M&S' expansion in Scotland is not over yet. The retailer is opening a new neighbourhood food store at Milngavie in 2000/2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020