SCOTLAND: M&S And Next Open New Stores In Scotland
Retail giants, Next and Marks & Spencer, are both putting Scotland on their list when it comes to opening new stores. Buoyant Next, which has 14 stores in East Scotland and 13 in West Scotland, is opening another store on Thursday at the Eastgate shopping centre in Inverness. Meanwhile, Marks & Spencer, which opened a store at Braehead near Glasgow a year ago, is gearing up to open the doors at another Scottish site - a new outlet store in Livingston. The Livingston store is part of three outlet stores, the other two in England, being opened by M&S to cater for the growing discount market. It is due to open on November 16. M&S has 21 stores in Scotland, including five department stores and six regional stores. The retail giant employs 5,000 people north of the border. In the last five years, it has spent £19m on core investment and £26m on footage developments in Scotland. A spokesman said: "We are delighted with the success of the Braehead store which has more than exceeded our expectations." And M&S' expansion in Scotland is not over yet. The retailer is opening a new neighbourhood food store at Milngavie in 2000/2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective