UK: M&S and SDCE team up on staining test fabric
A new multifibre adjacent fabric to test the staining performance of different fibres has been developed by UK retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) in partnership with SDC Enterprises.
The SDCE Multifibre replaces an acetate component with Lyocell, which is more appropriate to fibres found in modern apparel fabrics. The existing Multifibre fabrics (DW type), approved for use in M&S accredited testing, contain an acetate component considered to be no longer commercially relevant.
"Extensive testing has confirmed that the specific regenerated cellulose fibre selected, the Lyocell component, provides an optimum level of staining to accurately predict the staining performance of the principal types of regenerated cellulose (Lyocell, Modal and viscose), and their blends," SDC said.
"The testing also demonstrated that the substitution of the acetate fibre with a Lyocell fibre does not, in any way, alter the staining performance of the other five fibre components."
SDCE Multifibre LyoW is believed to be the first major development of a multifibre adjacent fabric since SDCE Multifibre DW was introduced in 1987. The use of SDCE Multifibre LyoW will be exclusively for M&S test methods and M&S accredited laboratories.
Marks and Spencer Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysi...
Canadean's "Marks and Spencer Group plc : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include warmer weather a welcome boost for UK fashion sales, an analysis on why no one strategy fits all in apparel sourcing, and Tesco to open a chain of...
Marks and Spencer Group plc (MKS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects