UK: M&S appoints e-commerce director
David Walmsley has been appointed to help lead Marks and Spencer's e-commerce business.
In a statement released to just-style, Laura Wade-Gery, executive director for multi-channel e-commerce at M&S, said: "I am delighted that David Walmsley has joined us as a director in our E-commerce and multi-channel business. David has a strong track record of leadership within online retailing and his experience will support the delivery of our growth plans for our multi-channel, E-commerce business."
Walmsley was previously director of e-commerce at Dixons Retail and head of web selling at the John Lewis Partnership. Prior to these roles he worked for Yell Group within its e-business. He joined M&S on 18 July.
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week includes a look at the global apparel market, a report on the growing footwear market in Morocco, and a review of the denim and jeanswear in...
TradeCard's global network of 10,000 retailers, brands, manufacturers and service providers grew by 36% in 2011, the company revealed this week, as its trading partners continued to embrace the cloud-...
JC Penney has appointed Kristen Blum as executive vice president and chief technology officer....
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch is to work with IBM software in an effort to transform its online business and drive "dramatic" growth....
Tesco today (17 January) said it is taking its F&F clothing line to the Middle East through a franchise deal with Fawaz Abdulaziz Al Hokair & Co - kicking off wider moves to turn the fashion label int...
Marks & Spencer today (17 January) said that it is working with NCR Corporation to trial multimedia zones in its stores that combine digital discovery touch screens, video walls and outfit displays....
Top stories on just-style this week included forecasts for a recovery in world cotton stocks, falling women's wear sales at Marks & Spencer, the breakdown of talks to sell Jones Group's jeanswear divi...
Women's wear retailer New York & Company expects its fourth quarter loss to hit US$11-13m, blaming the failure of its promotional strategy for the worse than expected outlook....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis