UK: M&S Appoints Spin Doctor To Board
British high street giant Marks & Spencer has appointed a spin doctor to its board as it bids to improve its public image following two years of troubles.
The firm has created the position of director of communications position and named high-flying PR woman Flic Howard-Allen as the person to fill it.
Ms Howard-Allen's appointment, who joins from PR agency Hill & Knowlton where she was managing director of corporate and business communications, comes just days after the retailer reported its best sales figures for years.
"Flic's appointment to the board certainly shows a new focus on communications in M&S and denotes that we are increasingly focusing on UK Retail having divested all but one of our international operations," an M&S spokeswoman said on Friday.
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack