INDIA: M&S appoints two to executive team
The company said today (21 February) that James Munson has been appointed as the new head of retail and marketing, while Maneesh Gaur has been announced as the head of property and projects.
Munson will lead retail operations, marketing and corporate communications. Gaur will drive the retailer's property strategy and store opening programme.
M&S India CEO Martin Jones said: "I'm delighted to welcome James and Maneesh to our leadership team. India is an important market for Marks & Spencer, its large population and economic growth presents us with our huge opportunity. James and Maneesh's keen business acumen and retail expertise will add great value to our business and help support our growth in India."
Munson joined the company's UK division in 2006 as a manager from BHS and was most recently manager of its Camberley store.
Gaur joins the retailer from Indian retailer Shoppers Stop. M&S said he has 20 years of experience in formulating business expansion strategies, techno commercials and legal negotiations for different retail formats across a number of Indian cities.
With 20 years of experience across manufacturing, retail and international development to her name, Abi Rushton is well-placed to help steer apparel sourcing strategies of the future. just-style news ...
Despite the effect of spiralling input costs on the global supply chain, high street retailers are still managing to produce school essentials at low prices. This week the UK's largest retailer, Tesco...
Marks and Spencer has contracted SapientNitro to create its new multi-channel platform as it works to build its international online offer....
India has come a step closer to opening up multi-brand retail to overseas operators after a key government committee approved an easing of rules on foreign investment....
David Walmsley has been appointed to help lead Marks and Spencer's e-commerce business....
Two former Wal-Mart Stores executives are to join Reliance Retail, India's largest retailer....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019