INDIA: M&S appoints two to executive team
The company said today (21 February) that James Munson has been appointed as the new head of retail and marketing, while Maneesh Gaur has been announced as the head of property and projects.
Munson will lead retail operations, marketing and corporate communications. Gaur will drive the retailer's property strategy and store opening programme.
M&S India CEO Martin Jones said: "I'm delighted to welcome James and Maneesh to our leadership team. India is an important market for Marks & Spencer, its large population and economic growth presents us with our huge opportunity. James and Maneesh's keen business acumen and retail expertise will add great value to our business and help support our growth in India."
Munson joined the company's UK division in 2006 as a manager from BHS and was most recently manager of its Camberley store.
Gaur joins the retailer from Indian retailer Shoppers Stop. M&S said he has 20 years of experience in formulating business expansion strategies, techno commercials and legal negotiations for different retail formats across a number of Indian cities.
With 20 years of experience across manufacturing, retail and international development to her name, Abi Rushton is well-placed to help steer apparel sourcing strategies of the future. just-style news ...
Despite the effect of spiralling input costs on the global supply chain, high street retailers are still managing to produce school essentials at low prices. This week the UK's largest retailer, Tesco...
Marks and Spencer has contracted SapientNitro to create its new multi-channel platform as it works to build its international online offer....
India has come a step closer to opening up multi-brand retail to overseas operators after a key government committee approved an easing of rules on foreign investment....
David Walmsley has been appointed to help lead Marks and Spencer's e-commerce business....
Two former Wal-Mart Stores executives are to join Reliance Retail, India's largest retailer....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015