INDIA: M&S appoints two to executive team
Marks and Spencer's joint venture with Reliance Retail has made two appointments to its executive team in India.
The company said today (21 February) that James Munson has been appointed as the new head of retail and marketing, while Maneesh Gaur has been announced as the head of property and projects.
Munson will lead retail operations, marketing and corporate communications. Gaur will drive the retailer's property strategy and store opening programme.
M&S India CEO Martin Jones said: "I'm delighted to welcome James and Maneesh to our leadership team. India is an important market for Marks & Spencer, its large population and economic growth presents us with our huge opportunity. James and Maneesh's keen business acumen and retail expertise will add great value to our business and help support our growth in India."
Munson joined the company's UK division in 2006 as a manager from BHS and was most recently manager of its Camberley store.
Gaur joins the retailer from Indian retailer Shoppers Stop. M&S said he has 20 years of experience in formulating business expansion strategies, techno commercials and legal negotiations for different retail formats across a number of Indian cities.
With 20 years of experience across manufacturing, retail and international development to her name, Abi Rushton is well-placed to help steer apparel sourcing strategies of the future. just-style news ...
Despite the effect of spiralling input costs on the global supply chain, high street retailers are still managing to produce school essentials at low prices. This week the UK's largest retailer, Tesco...
Marks and Spencer has contracted SapientNitro to create its new multi-channel platform as it works to build its international online offer....
India has come a step closer to opening up multi-brand retail to overseas operators after a key government committee approved an easing of rules on foreign investment....
David Walmsley has been appointed to help lead Marks and Spencer's e-commerce business....
Two former Wal-Mart Stores executives are to join Reliance Retail, India's largest retailer....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019