UK: M&S Banks On New Financial Services Chief
Struggling high street retailer Marks & Spencer has appointed Laurel Powers-Freeling, the former head of British banking group Lloyds TSB's wealth management division, as chief executive of its financial services division.
Marks & Spencer chairman and chief executive Luc Vandevelde said Powers-Freeling would be "a huge asset to us as we shape our plans for the development of our financial services business".
The appointment will take effect from November 6.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Are brands are becoming increasingly irrelevant in much of today's clothing industry? Mike Flanagan points out that in the super-club of the world's largest apparel companies, there's no longer a sing...
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Knitwear label Pringle's chief executive Kim Winser is to quit the company she helped turn around this year....
Struggling British retailer Marks and Spencer is splashing out €33 million on an Irish expansion programme....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
Retailers Marks and Spencer and Bhs are most likely to benefit once Littlewoods Stores no longer has a presence in the UK high street according to new research....
185 workers have been axed from the Adria textile factory in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, as the future of the company hangs in the balance....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar