UK: M&S Celebrates Big Jump In Apparel Sales
British high street giant Marks & Spencer on Wednesday confirmed it was well on the way to recovery after its recent troubles as it posted a 10.6 per cent jump in fourth quarter like-for-like sales. The country's largest clothing retailer said apparel sales surged 16.5 per cent mainly thanks to strong interest in its Per Una range and its range of womenswear sold under the "perfect" banner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth