UK: M&S Chief Vandevelde Scoops Top Pay Rise
According to the study by Income Data Services, Mr Vandevelde was given a bonus of £1.35 million and shares worth £350,000 in a move which saw him more than double his package.
Mr Vandevelde took over at M&S in 2000 and has since turned around its fortunes by cutting prices, hiring top designers, axing loss-making overseas operations and sourcing from cheaper foreign firms.
The poll looked at the total percentage rise in salary and bonuses for London's top 350 listed firms but excluded the value of share options.
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Are brands are becoming increasingly irrelevant in much of today's clothing industry? Mike Flanagan points out that in the super-club of the world's largest apparel companies, there's no longer a sing...
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Knitwear label Pringle's chief executive Kim Winser is to quit the company she helped turn around this year....
Struggling British retailer Marks and Spencer is splashing out €33 million on an Irish expansion programme....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
Retailers Marks and Spencer and Bhs are most likely to benefit once Littlewoods Stores no longer has a presence in the UK high street according to new research....
185 workers have been axed from the Adria textile factory in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, as the future of the company hangs in the balance....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report