UK: M&S coy on possible Chen appointment
UK department store operator House of Fraser confirmed Chen's departure to just-style today (4 September).
Chen is expected to take on a senior role within M&S' general merchandise business, according to reports. She will be responsible for the retailer's homewares and childrenswear divisions, reports added.
However, a spokesperson for M&S declined to comment.
In July, M&S revealed several management changes, including the departure of general merchandise executive director Kate Bostock and the promotion of general merchandise director Sacha Berendji as director of retail.
Carole Boyes-Weston was also appointed as head of design for M&S' Per Una and Limited Collection brands.
Teen clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has confirmed plans to close up to 50 stores in the US this year as it revealed a downbeat forecast for the first quarter. ...
Kelheim Fibres has developed what it claims to be the first viscose fibre with intrinsic water repellent properties. ...
Italy's first serial measurement survey using 3D scanners is underway, with the goal of optimising the size and fit of clothing....
Outdoor apparel specialist Patagonia has launched a limited edition parka - claimed as "the first of its kind" and retailing at US$699....
International fashion retailer C&A has started an in-depth fire safety audit at all of its suppliers in Bangladesh, after 112 workers lost their lives in a fire last year at the Tazreen Fashion factor...
A newly opened vocational training centre in Bangladesh includes a new course in industrial electrical wiring - an effort to prevent future fires caused by short circuits and system overloads....
Upscale footwear, handbags and accessories retailer Coach Inc has added two executives to its creative team to help it develop into a global lifestyle brand....
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020