UK: M&S coy on possible Chen appointment
UK department store operator House of Fraser confirmed Chen's departure to just-style today (4 September).
Chen is expected to take on a senior role within M&S' general merchandise business, according to reports. She will be responsible for the retailer's homewares and childrenswear divisions, reports added.
However, a spokesperson for M&S declined to comment.
In July, M&S revealed several management changes, including the departure of general merchandise executive director Kate Bostock and the promotion of general merchandise director Sacha Berendji as director of retail.
Carole Boyes-Weston was also appointed as head of design for M&S' Per Una and Limited Collection brands.
Teen clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has confirmed plans to close up to 50 stores in the US this year as it revealed a downbeat forecast for the first quarter. ...
Kelheim Fibres has developed what it claims to be the first viscose fibre with intrinsic water repellent properties. ...
Italy's first serial measurement survey using 3D scanners is underway, with the goal of optimising the size and fit of clothing....
Outdoor apparel specialist Patagonia has launched a limited edition parka - claimed as "the first of its kind" and retailing at US$699....
International fashion retailer C&A has started an in-depth fire safety audit at all of its suppliers in Bangladesh, after 112 workers lost their lives in a fire last year at the Tazreen Fashion factor...
A newly opened vocational training centre in Bangladesh includes a new course in industrial electrical wiring - an effort to prevent future fires caused by short circuits and system overloads....
Upscale footwear, handbags and accessories retailer Coach Inc has added two executives to its creative team to help it develop into a global lifestyle brand....
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- China and India to exploit trade relationship