UK: M&S Embraces The New Generation Designers
Fourteen designers will be receiving sponsorship towards the costs of their catwalk shows and exhibition stands during London Fashion Week under the New Generation Designers scheme sponsored by Marks & Spencer.Anthony Symonds, Arkadius, Boudicca, David Wyatt, Godfrey, Maria Chen and Marjan Pejoski will receive show sponsorship, with Caroline Vogel, Elvis Jesus and Co Couture, Godfrey, Jemima Roger, Mootich, Nothing Nothing, Rohan Clarke, Sara Berman and Tracy Neuls receiving free stands at the London Designers Exhibition.Brian Godbold, deputy chairman of the British Fashion Council and design consultant to Marks & Spencer, commented: "London is renowned for the new talent it introduces each season and the BFC, in collaboration with Marks & Spencer, is always looking at how best to identify and support up-and-coming designers. With a particularly large number of new designers currently wishing to participate at London Fashion Week, we have decided, through the New Generation scheme, to support as wide a group as we can as they seek to establish their names internationally."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022