THAILAND: M&S Franchise Opens Revamped Stores, To Sell Online
Lida Singratanakul, managing director of Suvimol, a business unit of Central Retail Corp (CRC), said Thailand could become the first country outside of the UK to develop M&S's online business.
"We plan to develop our own M&S website to sell the products in cyberspace to support our physical store outlets in Thailand," said Lida, adding that the company now operates 10 M&S stores in Thailand.
Last weekend Suvimol reopened a 1,000 sq m M&S store in Lat Phrao. The outlet would bring the new 'Home Store' concept to shoppers, Singratanakul said.
The company is also renovating its outlet at Central Department Store in Bangna, which will be reopened by the end of June. Other renovated M&S outlets at Central Pinklao and Silom Complex will be opened in the third quarter of this year.
Suvimol achieved total sales of Bt465m ($10.3m) from the M&S business last year, up 10 per cent from 1999.
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report