THAILAND: M&S Franchise Opens Revamped Stores, To Sell Online
Lida Singratanakul, managing director of Suvimol, a business unit of Central Retail Corp (CRC), said Thailand could become the first country outside of the UK to develop M&S's online business.
"We plan to develop our own M&S website to sell the products in cyberspace to support our physical store outlets in Thailand," said Lida, adding that the company now operates 10 M&S stores in Thailand.
Last weekend Suvimol reopened a 1,000 sq m M&S store in Lat Phrao. The outlet would bring the new 'Home Store' concept to shoppers, Singratanakul said.
The company is also renovating its outlet at Central Department Store in Bangna, which will be reopened by the end of June. Other renovated M&S outlets at Central Pinklao and Silom Complex will be opened in the third quarter of this year.
Suvimol achieved total sales of Bt465m ($10.3m) from the M&S business last year, up 10 per cent from 1999.
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack