UK: M&S Holds Fire On The East
Press reports had suggested that the retailer, which already has 11 outlets in Hong Kong, was planning to expand in Hong Kong and open its first shop in mainland China.
But a spokesman from the UK head office of M&S said today: "There are no plans to expand any footage in Hong Kong. Stores there are trading well. It is far too early to expand in that area. There are no immediate plans to go into China."
Director of M&S operations in Hong Kong, Graham Sorah, said the 11 outlets in Hong Kong were trading well.
By Deborah Bowyer
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
Are brands are becoming increasingly irrelevant in much of today's clothing industry? Mike Flanagan points out that in the super-club of the world's largest apparel companies, there's no longer a sing...
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Knitwear label Pringle's chief executive Kim Winser is to quit the company she helped turn around this year....
Struggling British retailer Marks and Spencer is splashing out €33 million on an Irish expansion programme....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
Retailers Marks and Spencer and Bhs are most likely to benefit once Littlewoods Stores no longer has a presence in the UK high street according to new research....
185 workers have been axed from the Adria textile factory in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, as the future of the company hangs in the balance....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020