UK: M&S Loses Executive To Internet Trading Company
But the innovative Mr Powell is leaving M&S shortly to become vice president of match making for the London textile internet exchange company.
An M&S spokesman said the company was sad to lose Mr Powell but had been delighted with the work he had done. The spokesman said: "It's just part of our business. If you recruit the best, then you must expect to lose them at some stage. We've been happy with the work that Mr Powell has done."
Mr Powell said that he is leaving M&S to take up a new opportunity and had not ruled out going back one day. He said: "I am convinced that M&S is about to turn the corner. Many good things have happened inside the company but they have not yet been fully recognised by the outside world.
"I'm not running away from M&S. I may one day consider returning," he is quoted as saying in one press report.
Mr Powell will be responsible for bringing together textile suppliers and retailers across TexYard's internet trading exchange.
By Deborah Bowyer
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022