UK: M&S May Bid For Safeway Claims Paper
High street giant Marks and Spencer was on Thursday reported to be considering entering the multi-billion pound battle for leading supermarket chain Safeway.
The Daily Mail, citing financial sources, claimed M&S advisers Morgan Stanley have been studying Safeway's network of stores to see how many could be changed into the M&S food format.
M&S declined to comment last week on speculation it may bid for Safeway but several other parties including fashion tycoon Philip Green have already expressed an interest in the food group.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
Struggling British retailer Marks and Spencer is splashing out €33 million on an Irish expansion programme....
Footwear company Wolverine World Wide has made a number of organisational promotions within its outdoor footwear group, which consists of the Merrell, Sebago and Patagonia businesses....
Footwear group Wolverine World Wide has unveiled a set of promotions and organisational changes relating to its Heritage Brands Group, Wolverine Footwear Group and global support operations....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
Retailers Marks and Spencer and Bhs are most likely to benefit once Littlewoods Stores no longer has a presence in the UK high street according to new research....
185 workers have been axed from the Adria textile factory in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, as the future of the company hangs in the balance....
Footwear group Wolverine World Wide Inc has reported strong trading for the second quarter of 2005, driven by good consumer response to innovative product offerings....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022