UK: M&S May Pull Out Of White City
Marks & Spencer may halt plans to build a new store in the proposed new regional shopping centre in London's White City. It is four years since M&S first mooted plans to take part in the centre, which has been hit by a series of legal disputes with environmental campaigners. Now M&S, which last week announced a drop in half-year profits and plans to axe six stores, has said it was keeping its options open about White City. A spokesman said: "It's four years ago since the board approved the original decision and that authority needs to be renewed if we are going to proceed with it. Our situation has changed in four years. We are keeping our options open." The new shopping centre is being built by Chelsfield which, press reports say, plans to start on the first phase in the second quarter of next year. No one was available for comment from Chelsfield.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020