NETHERLANDS: Ms Mode deploys global trade platform
Netherlands-based women's wear retailer Ms Mode has deployed TradeCard's collaboration and trade platform to help eliminate costs and improve efficiencies in its global supply chain.
The move means the retailer will be able to transition away from agents and manage sourcing in-house without increasing its overheads. It will also see the retailer shift production from China to Bangladesh without increasing resources.
"Connecting our trading partners on one global network with automated documents and workflows will improve communication from order through settlement," said Linda Hoebe, CFO of MS Mode.
"TradeCard allows us to handle sourcing in-house and manage by exception, reducing costs and minimising errors. Access and connectivity through the platform allows us to eliminate letters of credit when sourcing from Bangladesh."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Supply chain trade platform provider TradeCard is set to open its West coast hub in San Francisco on 23 September, with 30 employees to join the new office by the end of 2012....
Apparel business Perry Ellis International has extended its use of supply chain solutions offered by TradeCard in two categories....
Golf apparel firm Cutter & Buck has extended its subscription to the TradeCard cloud-based supply chain collaboration and global trade platform to continue to connect with trading partners electronica...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020