NETHERLANDS: Ms Mode deploys global trade platform
Netherlands-based women's wear retailer Ms Mode has deployed TradeCard's collaboration and trade platform to help eliminate costs and improve efficiencies in its global supply chain.
The move means the retailer will be able to transition away from agents and manage sourcing in-house without increasing its overheads. It will also see the retailer shift production from China to Bangladesh without increasing resources.
"Connecting our trading partners on one global network with automated documents and workflows will improve communication from order through settlement," said Linda Hoebe, CFO of MS Mode.
"TradeCard allows us to handle sourcing in-house and manage by exception, reducing costs and minimising errors. Access and connectivity through the platform allows us to eliminate letters of credit when sourcing from Bangladesh."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Supply chain trade platform provider TradeCard is set to open its West coast hub in San Francisco on 23 September, with 30 employees to join the new office by the end of 2012....
Apparel business Perry Ellis International has extended its use of supply chain solutions offered by TradeCard in two categories....
Golf apparel firm Cutter & Buck has extended its subscription to the TradeCard cloud-based supply chain collaboration and global trade platform to continue to connect with trading partners electronica...
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras