NETHERLANDS: Ms Mode deploys global trade platform
Netherlands-based women's wear retailer Ms Mode has deployed TradeCard's collaboration and trade platform to help eliminate costs and improve efficiencies in its global supply chain.
The move means the retailer will be able to transition away from agents and manage sourcing in-house without increasing its overheads. It will also see the retailer shift production from China to Bangladesh without increasing resources.
"Connecting our trading partners on one global network with automated documents and workflows will improve communication from order through settlement," said Linda Hoebe, CFO of MS Mode.
"TradeCard allows us to handle sourcing in-house and manage by exception, reducing costs and minimising errors. Access and connectivity through the platform allows us to eliminate letters of credit when sourcing from Bangladesh."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Supply chain trade platform provider TradeCard is set to open its West coast hub in San Francisco on 23 September, with 30 employees to join the new office by the end of 2012....
Apparel business Perry Ellis International has extended its use of supply chain solutions offered by TradeCard in two categories....
Golf apparel firm Cutter & Buck has extended its subscription to the TradeCard cloud-based supply chain collaboration and global trade platform to continue to connect with trading partners electronica...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis