UK: M&S names Alan Stewart as new CFO
UK retailer Marks and Spencer today (3 July) named Alan Stewart, finance chief at aircraft leasing company AWAS, as its new chief finance officer.
Stewart will join M&S at the end of October, replacing Ian Dyson who is joining pub group Punch Taverns next month as chief executive.
M&S chief executive Marc Bolland praised Stewart, who is also a former finance chief at UK entertainment retailer WHSmith, for his "impressive track record" and "extensive experience of retail."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Indian garment and textile maker Arvind Mills believes the global textile market has shown signs of recovery this year, helping the company to a six-fold hike in third quarter profit....
Retailer Kmart is teaming up with the US unit of sourcing giant Li & Fung Limited and Latin World Entertainment Licensing to launch a new lifestyle collection by Hispanic actress Sofia Vergara....
The UK Fashion & Textile Association (UKFT) has lost its chief executive Eric Musgrave after just one year....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
Swedish retailer H&M has blamed an increase in raw material prices like cotton for a 10% drop in fourth-quarter profits - but said the year as a whole was "very good."...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar