UK: M&S names Jenkins lingerie director
Jo Jenkins has rejoined Marks & Spencer as the retailer's new director of lingerie and beauty.
She will form part of the general merchandise leadership team and report to the department's executive director John Dixon. She replaces Janie Schaffer, who left the business after only a few months in the role.
Jenkins most recently served as product director of women's wear at fashion retailer Next, having previously worked within its sourcing and buying teams. Jenkins also spent 12 years at M&S in various retail and buying roles before joining Next in 1997.
The announcement comes after M&S lost two more executives from its women's wear team last week as the retailer works to turnaround falling clothing sales.
Head of buying for M&S Woman, Mary Wastnage, will leave the company in the autumn, while Sara Bradley, head of M&S' in-house brands, has already departed.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
News that the minimum monthly wage for Bangladeshi garment workers is set to rise by 77% has surprised labour leaders - who say that as far as it they are concerned, discussions are still on-going....
Apparel company Fifth & Pacific has lowered the upper end of its full-year targets after recording another large loss in the third quarter of the year....
Canadian footwear company Groupe Yellow has selected Epicor's Retail Software as a Service (SaaS) solution to support its retail operations....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective