UK: M&S names Lembregts supply chain director
Stein will focus purely on the retailer's IT development from January
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has appointed Dirk Lembregts as its director of supply chain as Darrell Stein moves to focus purely on the retailer's IT development and drive further growth.
Stein, who is currently director of logistics and IT, has split his role to concentrate on the role IT will play in delivering the company's strategic goals.
"It very much makes sense for us to do that because there is a huge focus on IT and our supply chain network over the next four or five years," a spokesperson for the company told just-style today (23 November).
The changes will take effect in January and both will report to CFO Alan Stewart.
"Darrell has done a tremendous job in driving the huge transformation in our supply chain over the past four years and will now focus on the major role IT will play in delivering our strategic goals. These include moving to a new web platform, IT-driven distribution centres and new systems in our GM business," a spokesperson added.
Lembregts has spent most of his career with car maker General Motors.
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Regional department store retailer Stage Stores has reported a deeper first-quarter loss, impacted by a $9.7m one-off charge and cooler temperatures, which hurt sales of seasonal merchandise....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a rush by apparel brands and retailers to sign the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh, a report on what the agreement entails, a...
A group of North American retailers has gone its own way on strengthening safety efforts at Bangladesh garment factories, setting up a new initiative said to offer a long-term solution that also offer...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Kohl's reverses five-quarter slump in Q4
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead