UK: M&S names Lembregts supply chain director
Stein will focus purely on the retailer's IT development from January
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has appointed Dirk Lembregts as its director of supply chain as Darrell Stein moves to focus purely on the retailer's IT development and drive further growth.
Stein, who is currently director of logistics and IT, has split his role to concentrate on the role IT will play in delivering the company's strategic goals.
"It very much makes sense for us to do that because there is a huge focus on IT and our supply chain network over the next four or five years," a spokesperson for the company told just-style today (23 November).
The changes will take effect in January and both will report to CFO Alan Stewart.
"Darrell has done a tremendous job in driving the huge transformation in our supply chain over the past four years and will now focus on the major role IT will play in delivering our strategic goals. These include moving to a new web platform, IT-driven distribution centres and new systems in our GM business," a spokesperson added.
Lembregts has spent most of his career with car maker General Motors.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Regional department store retailer Stage Stores has reported a deeper first-quarter loss, impacted by a $9.7m one-off charge and cooler temperatures, which hurt sales of seasonal merchandise....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a rush by apparel brands and retailers to sign the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh, a report on what the agreement entails, a...
A group of North American retailers has gone its own way on strengthening safety efforts at Bangladesh garment factories, setting up a new initiative said to offer a long-term solution that also offer...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis