UK: M&S names Lembregts supply chain director
Stein will focus purely on the retailer's IT development from January
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has appointed Dirk Lembregts as its director of supply chain as Darrell Stein moves to focus purely on the retailer's IT development and drive further growth.
Stein, who is currently director of logistics and IT, has split his role to concentrate on the role IT will play in delivering the company's strategic goals.
"It very much makes sense for us to do that because there is a huge focus on IT and our supply chain network over the next four or five years," a spokesperson for the company told just-style today (23 November).
The changes will take effect in January and both will report to CFO Alan Stewart.
"Darrell has done a tremendous job in driving the huge transformation in our supply chain over the past four years and will now focus on the major role IT will play in delivering our strategic goals. These include moving to a new web platform, IT-driven distribution centres and new systems in our GM business," a spokesperson added.
Lembregts has spent most of his career with car maker General Motors.
Global Childrenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descrip...
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Regional department store retailer Stage Stores has reported a deeper first-quarter loss, impacted by a $9.7m one-off charge and cooler temperatures, which hurt sales of seasonal merchandise....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a rush by apparel brands and retailers to sign the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh, a report on what the agreement entails, a...
A group of North American retailers has gone its own way on strengthening safety efforts at Bangladesh garment factories, setting up a new initiative said to offer a long-term solution that also offer...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change