UK: M&S names McGinn to lead new digital lab
Marks & Spencer has created a digital lab to experiment with new technologies and appointed Kyle McGinn to lead the new division.
He will lead digital innovation in the company, working with a small team of specialist technologists who will trial new technologies, build prototypes and develop concepts for implementation at scale.
The team will enable the retailer to develop new digital opportunities for e-commerce, as well as in-store technology, digital marketing, and the use of digital platforms for employees.
"Over the last 18 months we've really embraced digital experimentation - from being the first retailer to join Samsung's Smart TV platform to the inclusion of Aurasma technology in our app.," said Laura Wade-Gery, executive director of multi-channel e-commerce.
"By strengthening our in-house expertise with a dedicated digital lab, we can move with even greater pace and deliver first to market technology and experiences for our customers."
McGinn joins the company from Reevoo.com, a company that provides social commerce software to major brands, where he has been chief technology and product officer since 2007.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Retailer Marks & Spencer has blamed poor weather and promotions after recording its eighth consecutive quarterly decline in like-for-like clothing and general merchandise sales....
Asos executive director of product and trading, Kate Bostock, has resigned from the online retailer after just six months in the role....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report that the former M&S lingerie director could be seeking GBP1m in compensation, the use of virtual 3D design to cut sample production at Ad...
Turkey-based denim manufacturer Isko has invested in "predictive simulation technology" to help improve the uptime and productivity of its weaving machines....
Retailer Marks & Spencer has today (9 July) booked a decline in first quarter like-for-like clothing and general merchandise sales....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details