CHINA: M&S opens third Shanghai store
Marks & Spencer will open its third store in Shanghai this week.
The new store is located in Skymall, the largest shopping mall in the Min Hang District, Shanghai, which attracts over 500,000 visitors every week.
The company said that the 1,600 square metre store is in line with Marks & Spencer's international strategy to build a strong presence in the Shanghai region, as one of its priority international markets.
"To do this, Marks & Spencer will open a cluster of supporting stores in Shanghai around its flagship store located at West Nanjing Road," the company said. Earlier this summer, Marks & Spencer opened its second Shanghai store in Yu Gardens, a popular tourist attraction which has over one million visitors each week.
Marc Bolland, Marks & Spencer's chief executive, said: "With a population of almost 20m, Shanghai offers an exciting opportunity to focus our business and we are delighted to have secured a prime shopping location for our third store in the city.
"Throughout the year we've continued to build our local expertise in Shanghai, putting in place a strong management team to ensure that we have the right offer for our customers in the city."
Trading over two floors, the new Marks & Spencer store will sell clothes and food and drink.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing and accessory consumers are fickle at the best of times, and trying to nail down their desires in the growing eco-fashion niche is proving especially difficult as the industry moves toward en...
Retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) says textile and clothing initiatives under its Plan A eco and ethical programme helped add more than GBP70m (US$113.7m) to its bottom line last year....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Retailers are being urged to sign up to new 'good practice' guidelines for stores selling children's clothing, joining firms including George, Next, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's and Tesco who helped d...
UK retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) has reported solid full-year profit growth, as it managed to hold prices steady despite soaring cotton prices. ...
Tata International, the global trading arm of the Tata Group and India's leading exporter of leather and shoes, is taking a first step into the European footwear retail market after buying a 51% stake...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022