UK: M&S Optimistic About A Recovery
Troubled high street retailer, Marks and Spencer, was today optimistic about a recovery despite its shares falling to a ten-year low. Shares in the top retailer crashed to a ten-year low yesterday after the US investment bank Credit Suisse First Boston downgraded earnings expectation for the current year to just £460 million. But an M&S spokesman told just-style.com that the market was expected to improve following a number of changes. The spokesman said: "We have a number of measures in place which will help turn the business around. "Our new concept stores have shown positive returns and because of this, we will be opening more before Christmas. "We've also reviewed our supply chain and made improvements. We've always said that the recovery would be a long-term one. We are not looking for quick fixes, we are looking for sustainable growth." The concept stores sell products and goods by lifestyle according to their locations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020