UK: M&S Optimistic About A Recovery
Troubled high street retailer, Marks and Spencer, was today optimistic about a recovery despite its shares falling to a ten-year low. Shares in the top retailer crashed to a ten-year low yesterday after the US investment bank Credit Suisse First Boston downgraded earnings expectation for the current year to just £460 million. But an M&S spokesman told just-style.com that the market was expected to improve following a number of changes. The spokesman said: "We have a number of measures in place which will help turn the business around. "Our new concept stores have shown positive returns and because of this, we will be opening more before Christmas. "We've also reviewed our supply chain and made improvements. We've always said that the recovery would be a long-term one. We are not looking for quick fixes, we are looking for sustainable growth." The concept stores sell products and goods by lifestyle according to their locations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022