UK: M&S promotes Russell as womenswear director
UK retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) has promoted lingerie and beauty head Frances Russell as its new director of womenswear as it realigns responsibilities within its general merchandise management team under executive director John Dixon.
Russell, who joined M&S four years ago, previously served as brand director of the Burton and Evans chains, which are part of fashion retail giant Arcadia.
To replace Russell as director of lingerie and beauty, M&S has tapped Victoria's Secret chief creative director Janie Schaffer, who will join in early 2013. Schaffer, was responsible for all of the retailer's clothing, lingerie and beauty products, and was also behind the launch of the Knickerbox brand.
In another move, former M&S womenswear trading director Annette Browne is to leave the company.
"Since joining the GM team in October, one of my priorities has been ensuring that we have the right leadership team and right structure to take us forward," Dixon said.
"We are now all absolutely focused on delivering the right product for our customers."
Chief executive Marc Bolland said the impact of the appointments will come into effect when the company launches its autumn/winter collections in July next year.
The new GM management structure is designed to realign responsibilities and ensure greater accountability by creating four larger trading departments.
The team includes Belinda Earl, who joined as style director in September; Stephanie Chen who is running kids and home; and Scott Fyfe, who takes up his new role as director of menswear in December.
Despite the global recession, e-commerce continues to buoy the bottom line for successful retailers....
Omni-channel services may be delivering, but they can be complex. The goal is delivering a seamless omni-channel experience for apparel buying consumers and if the tech doesn't work, the sales aren't ...
Actions need to speak louder than words when it comes to tackling working conditions in the Bangladesh garment industry. And in the wake of the collapse last week of the Rana Plaza building near Dhaka...
President Obama has nominated Chicago businesswoman Penny Pritzker as his new Secretary of Commerce, and advisor Mike Froman as the new US Trade Representative....
Nearly three-quarters of all fake products seized last year in the US were apparel, footwear, handbags and accessories, according to a new report by the US Trade Representative....
Value apparel retailer Body Central Corporation has more than halved its first-quarter profit partly due to lower revenues and merchandise issues. ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report