UK: M&S promotes Russell as womenswear director
UK retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) has promoted lingerie and beauty head Frances Russell as its new director of womenswear as it realigns responsibilities within its general merchandise management team under executive director John Dixon.
To replace Russell as director of lingerie and beauty, M&S has tapped Victoria's Secret chief creative director Janie Schaffer, who will join in early 2013. Schaffer, was responsible for all of the retailer's clothing, lingerie and beauty products, and was also behind the launch of the Knickerbox brand.
In another move, former M&S womenswear trading director Annette Browne is to leave the company.
"Since joining the GM team in October, one of my priorities has been ensuring that we have the right leadership team and right structure to take us forward," Dixon said.
"We are now all absolutely focused on delivering the right product for our customers."
Chief executive Marc Bolland said the impact of the appointments will come into effect when the company launches its autumn/winter collections in July next year.
The new GM management structure is designed to realign responsibilities and ensure greater accountability by creating four larger trading departments.
The team includes Belinda Earl, who joined as style director in September; Stephanie Chen who is running kids and home; and Scott Fyfe, who takes up his new role as director of menswear in December.
Despite the global recession, e-commerce continues to buoy the bottom line for successful retailers....
Omni-channel services may be delivering, but they can be complex. The goal is delivering a seamless omni-channel experience for apparel buying consumers and if the tech doesn't work, the sales aren't ...
Actions need to speak louder than words when it comes to tackling working conditions in the Bangladesh garment industry. And in the wake of the collapse last week of the Rana Plaza building near Dhaka...
President Obama has nominated Chicago businesswoman Penny Pritzker as his new Secretary of Commerce, and advisor Mike Froman as the new US Trade Representative....
Nearly three-quarters of all fake products seized last year in the US were apparel, footwear, handbags and accessories, according to a new report by the US Trade Representative....
Value apparel retailer Body Central Corporation has more than halved its first-quarter profit partly due to lower revenues and merchandise issues. ...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects