UK: M&S raids Inditex for international hires
Maria Rodal has been named country manager for China
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is hoping to boost its international business with the appointment of Inditex executive Maria Rodal as country manager for China.
Rodal joined M&S earlier this month, moving from Spanish retailer Inditex where she served as human resources director.
The appointment comes after Maria Ventin, who previously led buyers for Zara women, was hired to head M&S's international general merchandise operations in September.
M&S last week tapped two buying managers from rival fashion firm Next. Paula Bonham-Carter, former buying manager at Next, was named head of buying for women's wear, while Laura Charles was appointed as head of buying for lingerie.
M&S has been working to turnaround its clothing business around for some time.
The retailer reported yet another decline in general merchandise sales earlier this month, even though CEO Mark Bolland said efforts to turn around its women's wear business were moving in the right direction.
Analysts have raised a question mark over how successful M&S's general merchandise strategy is, noting the pace of change for clothing needs to go "further and faster".
Inditex operates a limited presence in the US, but plans to continue expanding in major metropolitan areas in order to increase its brand visibility. Whilst the company is the largest apparel company ...
Inditex is going to continue its expansion in France, as there is high demand for fast fashion apparel, and the company has an advantage over its competitors thanks to its affordable prices and its st...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
Apparel industry poster child Inditex continues to grow from strength to strength on account of its hit fast fashion business model. Having been quick off the mark to escape its home of recession-hit ...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
Inditex UK has never carried out a huge amount of promotional activity like its high street rivals, preferring to rely on its flagship stores and reputation as the main marketing draw for consumers. H...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019