UK: M&S raids Inditex for international hires
Maria Rodal has been named country manager for China
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is hoping to boost its international business with the appointment of Inditex executive Maria Rodal as country manager for China.
Rodal joined M&S earlier this month, moving from Spanish retailer Inditex where she served as human resources director.
The appointment comes after Maria Ventin, who previously led buyers for Zara women, was hired to head M&S's international general merchandise operations in September.
M&S last week tapped two buying managers from rival fashion firm Next. Paula Bonham-Carter, former buying manager at Next, was named head of buying for women's wear, while Laura Charles was appointed as head of buying for lingerie.
M&S has been working to turnaround its clothing business around for some time.
The retailer reported yet another decline in general merchandise sales earlier this month, even though CEO Mark Bolland said efforts to turn around its women's wear business were moving in the right direction.
Analysts have raised a question mark over how successful M&S's general merchandise strategy is, noting the pace of change for clothing needs to go "further and faster".
Inditex operates a limited presence in the US, but plans to continue expanding in major metropolitan areas in order to increase its brand visibility. Whilst the company is the largest apparel company ...
Inditex was founded in 1963 by Amancio Ortega Gaona. The group opened its first Zara shop in 1975 in A Coruna, Spain. Inditex was established as the head of the corporate group in 1985. The group witn...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil will continue to expand in the country with its different brands, not only in the main cities, but also in mid-sized cities. The company is present in Colombia with...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is present in Colombia with its Zara, Bershka, Massimo Dutti and Stradivarius brands. The company plans to continue expanding into major and medium-sized cities....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Apparel software trends 2015: What else to watch?
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Sri Lanka commences GSP+ process with EU
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide