UK: M&S raids Inditex for international hires
Maria Rodal has been named country manager for China
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is hoping to boost its international business with the appointment of Inditex executive Maria Rodal as country manager for China.
Rodal joined M&S earlier this month, moving from Spanish retailer Inditex where she served as human resources director.
The appointment comes after Maria Ventin, who previously led buyers for Zara women, was hired to head M&S's international general merchandise operations in September.
M&S last week tapped two buying managers from rival fashion firm Next. Paula Bonham-Carter, former buying manager at Next, was named head of buying for women's wear, while Laura Charles was appointed as head of buying for lingerie.
M&S has been working to turnaround its clothing business around for some time.
The retailer reported yet another decline in general merchandise sales earlier this month, even though CEO Mark Bolland said efforts to turn around its women's wear business were moving in the right direction.
Analysts have raised a question mark over how successful M&S's general merchandise strategy is, noting the pace of change for clothing needs to go "further and faster".
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is focused on developing its network of stores in Poland in 2013. In the coming years, the company’s further expansion is expected, primarily in shopping malls i...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
Inditex is focused on the search for flexibility in adapting production to French demand. 2013 was a stronger year for the company, with growth in every category in which it was present due to being i...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020