UK: M&S Recent Trading Announcement
As a result of senior management changes made yesterday, and therefore the potential for speculation ahead of the half-year results announcement, the board believes it appropriate to provide an update on recent trading, M&S reported yesterday.The statement below indicates the current position of the UK retail division. The international and financial services divisions continue to perform in line with expectations, and the half-yearly results will be published November 7.UK retail sales in the 24 weeks to 16 September were up 0.8 per cent on last year. A sales analysis is given below, with the performance for the first 15 weeks announced at the time of the AGM in July shown for comparison. Like-for-like sales are shown in brackets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective