UK: M&S Recent Trading Announcement
As a result of senior management changes made yesterday, and therefore the potential for speculation ahead of the half-year results announcement, the board believes it appropriate to provide an update on recent trading, M&S reported yesterday.The statement below indicates the current position of the UK retail division. The international and financial services divisions continue to perform in line with expectations, and the half-yearly results will be published November 7.UK retail sales in the 24 weeks to 16 September were up 0.8 per cent on last year. A sales analysis is given below, with the performance for the first 15 weeks announced at the time of the AGM in July shown for comparison. Like-for-like sales are shown in brackets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020