UK: M&S Recent Trading Announcement
As a result of senior management changes made yesterday, and therefore the potential for speculation ahead of the half-year results announcement, the board believes it appropriate to provide an update on recent trading, M&S reported yesterday.The statement below indicates the current position of the UK retail division. The international and financial services divisions continue to perform in line with expectations, and the half-yearly results will be published November 7.UK retail sales in the 24 weeks to 16 September were up 0.8 per cent on last year. A sales analysis is given below, with the performance for the first 15 weeks announced at the time of the AGM in July shown for comparison. Like-for-like sales are shown in brackets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022