UK: M&S Recent Trading Announcement
As a result of senior management changes made yesterday, and therefore the potential for speculation ahead of the half-year results announcement, the board believes it appropriate to provide an update on recent trading, M&S reported yesterday.The statement below indicates the current position of the UK retail division. The international and financial services divisions continue to perform in line with expectations, and the half-yearly results will be published November 7.UK retail sales in the 24 weeks to 16 September were up 0.8 per cent on last year. A sales analysis is given below, with the performance for the first 15 weeks announced at the time of the AGM in July shown for comparison. Like-for-like sales are shown in brackets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022