UK: M&S retail director Anthony Thompson to quit?
Store chain Marks & Spencer (M&S) is trying to persuade retail director Anthony Thompson to stay at the company after it emerged he was in talks with headhunters, it was reported in the press.
Thompson, who joined the company in 2002 after a tenure at Gap, has reportedly become frustrated by his lack of responsibilities at M&S despite being appointed to a newly set-up four-person executive committee.
M&S' CEO Stuart Rose was recently named business leader of the year by The World Leadership Forum (WLF) for his much celebrated turnaround of the company's fortunes.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Harry Debes' first year as CEO of Lawson Software was dominated by the company's merger with Intentia International, in early 2006. Now, 15 months after the deal's completion, he tells just-style how ...
Struggling fashion group Gap is set to launch a new "fully European" apparel collection this autumn which it hopes will help it emerge from the doldrums. The iconic US retailer - which owns the Gap, O...
Struggling US clothing retailer Gap Inc has ended a seven-month search for a new CEO by hiring a fashion industry outsider to lead the company's turnaround....
Luxury goods group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a 2% rise in first half profit, with all its business groups enjoying double-digit organic revenue growth....
Shares in Internet-based retailer Amazon went through the roof this week as the company nearly tripled its second quarter profits....
Two of the world's top clothing retailers, Spain's Inditex SA and US-based Gap Inc, have resolved a dispute with Peruvian manufacturer Topy Top after it agreed to let its workers form a union....
The two major shareholders in French speciality children's wear retailer Du Pareil Au Même's (DPAM) have withdrawn their entire stake in the company - opening up the possibility of a takeover bid....
American luxury brand Halston has hired former Versace designer Marco Zanini as its new creative director tasked with reinvigorating the label for a new generation of consumers....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective