UK: M&S senior non-exec director Du Plessis steps down
M&S said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "in hand"
Marks & Spencer senior non-executive director Jan du Plessis has stepped down from the board to take up a position with SABMiller.
He will step down from the board of M&S during the first half of 2015 before taking up the role of chairman of beer and soft drinks giant SABMiller in July.
As part of the M&S nomination committee process, the retail group said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "already well in hand to meet this timetable".
This will be the second high ranking departure for M&S in the last month. In early July, CFO Alan Stewart announced his decision to step down to take up the role of finance chief with Tesco.
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the risk to Lesotho's textile and clothing production if the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) is not renewed, delays to a major...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019