UK: M&S senior non-exec director Du Plessis steps down
M&S said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "in hand"
Marks & Spencer senior non-executive director Jan du Plessis has stepped down from the board to take up a position with SABMiller.
He will step down from the board of M&S during the first half of 2015 before taking up the role of chairman of beer and soft drinks giant SABMiller in July.
As part of the M&S nomination committee process, the retail group said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "already well in hand to meet this timetable".
This will be the second high ranking departure for M&S in the last month. In early July, CFO Alan Stewart announced his decision to step down to take up the role of finance chief with Tesco.
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Strong international sales, fuelled by acquisitions, helped apparel group Hanesbrands to nearly treble third-quarter profit on a double-digit sales increase....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead