UK: M&S senior non-exec director Du Plessis steps down
M&S said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "in hand"
Marks & Spencer senior non-executive director Jan du Plessis has stepped down from the board to take up a position with SABMiller.
He will step down from the board of M&S during the first half of 2015 before taking up the role of chairman of beer and soft drinks giant SABMiller in July.
As part of the M&S nomination committee process, the retail group said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "already well in hand to meet this timetable".
This will be the second high ranking departure for M&S in the last month. In early July, CFO Alan Stewart announced his decision to step down to take up the role of finance chief with Tesco.
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019