UK: M&S senior non-exec director Du Plessis steps down
M&S said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "in hand"
Marks & Spencer senior non-executive director Jan du Plessis has stepped down from the board to take up a position with SABMiller.
He will step down from the board of M&S during the first half of 2015 before taking up the role of chairman of beer and soft drinks giant SABMiller in July.
As part of the M&S nomination committee process, the retail group said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "already well in hand to meet this timetable".
This will be the second high ranking departure for M&S in the last month. In early July, CFO Alan Stewart announced his decision to step down to take up the role of finance chief with Tesco.
The “Clothing and Footwear Retailing in Middle East & Africa, 2014-2019” report, published by Conlumino, provides an analysis of current and forecast retail sales in clothing & footwear across differe...
Groups representing US brands, retailers, manufacturers and importers are calling on the country's government to negotiate "workable apparel provisions" in the trans-Pacific trade agreement being disc...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
During the forecast period, Marks & Spencer Plc is set to consolidate its online apparel retailing service whilst also refreshing its brand in order to improve its image in the eyes of British consume...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at whether Amazon will take over the US apparel market, Pakistan's textile mills fearing a rash of closures, and how supply chain risk is a...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020