UK: M&S senior non-exec director Du Plessis steps down
M&S said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "in hand"
Marks & Spencer senior non-executive director Jan du Plessis has stepped down from the board to take up a position with SABMiller.
He will step down from the board of M&S during the first half of 2015 before taking up the role of chairman of beer and soft drinks giant SABMiller in July.
As part of the M&S nomination committee process, the retail group said planning for Du Plessis' succession is "already well in hand to meet this timetable".
This will be the second high ranking departure for M&S in the last month. In early July, CFO Alan Stewart announced his decision to step down to take up the role of finance chief with Tesco.
During the forecast period, Marks & Spencer Plc is set to consolidate its online apparel retailing service whilst also refreshing its brand in order to improve its image in the eyes of British consume...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
A question mark continues to hang over Marks & Spencer's clothing performance after the retailer recorded its ninth consecutive quarterly decline in like-for-like general merchandise sales - despite t...
Women’s leggings was the most dynamic womenswear category in the UK during 2014. Sales of women’s leggings have increased significantly in recent years as higher numbers of British women have begun to...
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Comment: TPP winners and losers
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Vietnam seen biggest beneficiary of TPP trade pact
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (MC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review