UK:M&S Signs Up With Major E-Commerce Players
Marks & Spencer made a giant step forward into multi-channel retailing yesterday when it announced that it had formed agreements with four 'new commerce' partners. The high street retailer has signed up with Microsoft's consumer Internet service, MSN; BBC Worldwide's online shopping portal, beeb.com; digital TV company ,Open; and Telewest, the broadband cable communications operator. Keith Bogg, director, Marks & Spencer Home and New Selling Channels, said: " Our partners were attracted by the strength of the M&S brand and, in return, partnering with them means that we will be able to acquire new customers at very attractive costs." He continued: "It is very clear that for convenience our customers want the option to shop for our products and services via different channels, whether it be in store, via our catalogue, over the Internet or digital TV. The development of our multi-channel offer means that we will be able to give our customers greater choice and improved customer service, while enabling us to maintain a closer relationship with them throughout the transaction process."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack