UK: M&S Starts Search For New Financial Chief
Current chief executive, David Towell, retires next year and the company is eager to find a replacement.
The new chief executive will sit on the main board to help develop further the synergies between the retailing and financial sides of the business.
Mr Towell joined Marks & Spencer Financial Services in 1985. In 1989, he was appointed to the M&S Financial Services board as a director and in 1999 was appointed chief executive.
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective