UK: M&S Still Looking To Bring US Brooks Brothers To UK
Retail giant, Marks & Spencer, says it is still looking at bringing the American Brooks Brothers stores to the UK. The first European Brooks Brothers store opens in Milan in Spring next year and M&S says it has not abandoned plans to bring the chain to Britain. The Della Valle Group has the franchise to operate stores under the Brooks Brothers name in Italy, Austria and Switzerland. Now M&S says it is looking for a UK partner and suitable sites to bring the stores to this country. An M&S spokesman said: "We have been looking for the right environment and partner to do this. There are no concrete plans at the moment, but we are looking to expand overseas." Founded in New York in 1818, Brooks Brothers is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marks & Spencer plc. It currently operates 80 retail and 72 factory shops, a direct mail catalogue and an e-commerce site in the United States. Brooks Brothers also has 70 retail locations throughout Japan, five in Hong Kong and two in Taiwan. The Della Valle Group owns some of the most renowned brands in the luxury goods world, including Tod's. Diego Della Valle, owner of the Della Valle Group, said: "We are pleased to team up with such a prestigious brand and to bring the classic American style of Brooks Brothers to Europe." Joseph R. Gromek, president and chief executive officer of Brooks Brothers, said: "Brooks Brothers has undoubted international potential and we believe that Della Valle Group's retailing and marketing expertise will further realise that potential. "This partnership is another important step in our international expansion programme and builds on our success in the Far East and Hong Kong."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020