UK: M&S Still Looking To Bring US Brooks Brothers To UK
Retail giant, Marks & Spencer, says it is still looking at bringing the American Brooks Brothers stores to the UK. The first European Brooks Brothers store opens in Milan in Spring next year and M&S says it has not abandoned plans to bring the chain to Britain. The Della Valle Group has the franchise to operate stores under the Brooks Brothers name in Italy, Austria and Switzerland. Now M&S says it is looking for a UK partner and suitable sites to bring the stores to this country. An M&S spokesman said: "We have been looking for the right environment and partner to do this. There are no concrete plans at the moment, but we are looking to expand overseas." Founded in New York in 1818, Brooks Brothers is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marks & Spencer plc. It currently operates 80 retail and 72 factory shops, a direct mail catalogue and an e-commerce site in the United States. Brooks Brothers also has 70 retail locations throughout Japan, five in Hong Kong and two in Taiwan. The Della Valle Group owns some of the most renowned brands in the luxury goods world, including Tod's. Diego Della Valle, owner of the Della Valle Group, said: "We are pleased to team up with such a prestigious brand and to bring the classic American style of Brooks Brothers to Europe." Joseph R. Gromek, president and chief executive officer of Brooks Brothers, said: "Brooks Brothers has undoubted international potential and we believe that Della Valle Group's retailing and marketing expertise will further realise that potential. "This partnership is another important step in our international expansion programme and builds on our success in the Far East and Hong Kong."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022