UK: M&S Supplier Bentwood To Axe Plant, 350 Jobs
A leading swimwear, nightwear and intimate apparel supplier to high street giant Marks & Spencer on Wednesday announced plans to axe one of its factories with the loss of hundreds of jobs. Bentwood revealed its plans to close its large sewing plant in Leigh, Greater Manchester, as the factory's 350 workers prepared for their annual September break.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack