M&S to appoint international supply chain chief
Steve Finlan, director of international operations for M&S, has stepped down
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is to appoint a head of international supply chain.
A spokesperson for the retail group said it is in the process of recruiting for the position but has not yet appointed anyone. The move comes as Steve Finlan, director of international operations, steps down from his role.
Employees who reported into Finlan will now report to M&S international director Costas Antimissaris.
Marks & Spencer said of his departure: "We would like to thank Steve for his contribution to the business over the last nine years and wish him the best for his new role."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has come under fire from labour rights groups for failing to improve working conditions and environmental pollution at Uniqlo supplier factories in mainland China....
Spanish department store retailer El Corte Inglés and international development organisation BRAC have made "significant" donations into the Tazreen compensation fund, three days after the third anniv...
The German-led Partnership for Sustainable Textiles initiative, which aims to bring about social, ecological and economic improvements along the apparel and textile supply chain, has been introduced t...
The new Centre of Excellence for Bangladesh Apparel Industry (CEBAI), which provides training for the country's apparel workers, has been accredited as a Registered Training Organization (RTO)....
Sri Lanka's Brandix Group has added to its sustainability accolades by receiving the 'Gold Flame' efficiency award for its new head office, just nine months after it was commissioned. ...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020